I look at these old pictures of myself and I don’t even know who I was back then. I look into my eyes and all I see is darkness and a cry for help that was hidden within me. During those times I was battling issues with depression and self esteem among other things. On top of that suicidal thoughts were plaguing my mind and nobody knew. I was a wretch undone, bound to my sin and my mess, and it was there God found me. It was there that He took me in His arms and loved me back to life. It was there He started me on the path of righteousness. It was there I began my road to redemption. God found me I didn’t find Him. God first chose me I didn’t choose Him.
What does being redeemed mean to you?
Being redeemed to me means being free. Jesus Christ literally paid the price with His life on the cross, so that I could be free from the shackles I was bound in. Free from sin, free from depression, free from suicide, free from my past, free from being lost. I was created to belong to Him, but because of sin the world had owned me for so long. When I became saved, the Lord redeemed me back unto Him. The freedom and peace that you find in Christ you will NEVER find in the world.
Describe your journey of your road to redemption
I gave my life to Christ around the age of 21. BUT this didn’t mean I was living like it. I knew the Lord had saved me but I was still trying to live for God and please my flesh in this world. Still going places I shouldn’t be going, in relationships I shouldn’t have been in, fornicating, getting drunk, the list goes on. What I struggled with the most was all the things and people I knew I was going to lose when I got serious about living for God. I was “happy” and I didn’t want to give that up. The Lord had to remind me that He had laid down His life so that I could give these things up, so that He could give me so much better. Of course being stubborn, I didn’t let go right away and God had to use hurt as a catalyst to get me to where He wanted me, and I’m so glad He did. All that stuff doesn’t seem easy at first but it’s so worth it. God doesn’t take anything or anyone from you and not give you better in their place. I also learned that the stuff I was doing to feed my flesh doesn’t even appease to me anymore. Of course there ares some desires that are natural to have as a human being, but at the appropriate time those desires will be fulfilled. I got serious about my walk with Christ around age 23 and slowly but surely my desire for God and the will He had for my life began to rule over my flesh and this world. I’ll be 26 in December and I’ve never felt better spiritually. I would be lying if I said there aren’t things I struggle with or days when in my flesh living for God doesn’t seem worth it, BUT because I’m now in Christ the Holy Spirit always reminds me why I started, always reminds me that what I left behind I never want to return to.
How has your life changed since giving it over to Christ?
EVERYTHING has changed. The way I view life, the plans I thought I had for my life, my desires, everything. Life has been so much easier because now when life gets tough, I know who to look to for strength, I know who to look for for comfort, for peace, for provision, for love. Life is so much more fulfilling. I’m living on purpose for His glory rather than just living life in the fast lane just to die. Life is now living to live again, in my heavenly home with God for eternity. I’m humbled by the doors He has opened, and the people He has blessed me with. In the world we currently live in I can’t imagine what my life would be like without Christ. My life doesn’t belong to me anymore. When He redeemed me unto Him my life became His, so now I live for Him through Him.
What words of encouragement do you have for those seeking redemption through Christ?
Don’t wait. Don’t wait until you think you’re ready, don’t wait until you’ve “gotten everything out your system”. Don’t wait until your friends or boyfriend want to join you. Don’t wait until it’s too late. I know it seems scary and I know that you can’t imagine how a God so mighty and so Holy would want to still love you, but that’s the beauty in Christ. He is an expert at taking our mess and turning it into something beautiful. He is an expert at mending broken hearts. He is an expert at freeing you from the bondage of your sin and your mind. If none of us needed to be cleaned up or healed or loved then why would we even need a savior? Come to Christ so you can begin to have life and have it more abundantly. Don’t try to do it on your own because you’ll fail. You need God’s help and He’s literally waiting for you to come with open arms. Confess your sins to Him, confess that you know you need Him, confess that you believe He died for your sins and is the Lord and savior of your life. Just come. Don’t. Wait. Again I repeat…please…don’t….wait.
What is your favorite scripture?
Wow I have so many lol, but one of my favorites is Proverbs 3:5, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your paths straight.”
Scriptures to Help:
- John 15:15-16 “I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Ephesians 2:1-10 “Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God’s anger, just like everyone else.But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved! For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
- Ephesians 1:7 He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
- Romans 10:9 Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let’s settle this,”says the Lord.“Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.
If you have not yet begun your journey on the road to redemption, and would like to but don’t know where to start, please email me. If you are not saved and would like to be saved, please email me. firstname.lastname@example.org
God loves you! Be blessed!
Leave a Reply